Leitrim County Enterprise Board offers a range of financial support packages to qualifying small businesses. Eligible enterprises include those employing 10 or less full-time employees and satisfy the criteria set out below.
Eligibility Criteria for Financial Supports
1. Projects in niche manufacturing or niche internationally traded services, which in time can graduate to the Enterprise Ireland Portfolio.
2. Other worthwhile commercial ventures promoted by long term unemployed or those made redundant, or females returning to the workplace, which will contribute to national competitiveness and local development but will avoid job displacement.
3. Tourism enterprises aimed predominantly at overseas visitors.
4. Promising projects emerging from work in second or third level colleges.
5. Projects must be in the commercial sphere, demonstrate a market for the product/service, and have a capacity for growth and local job creation.
6. Business must have a registered address in Co. Leitrim, and provide employment locally.
1. Retail enterprises ( eg. restaurants, cafes, mobile food outlets, etc. ) wholesale enterprises, personal services (e.g. gardeners, hairdressers etc.).
2. Projects in the local service sector which give rise to deadweight and displacement.
3. Mainstream professional services (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
4. The trades and construction.
5. Accommodation type projects.
6. Projects which involve primary agricultural production.
7. Alternative healthcare practices.
8. Once off projects ( eg. conferences and seminars ).
9. Projects which are contrary to public policy.
10. Companies which already have a relationship with Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, SFADCo or Udaras na Gaeltachta.
11. Companies in the Manufacturing or internationally traded services area whose present or potential employment exceeds 10 persons.